Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another shitty dog experience...

Just remembered a very traumatic bus journey about 10 years ago when I was dog-sitting a shit-zu (apty named dog as it turned out). I lived in Camden and was invited to supper and stay the night at a friend's house in Putney. So I blithely accepted and hopped on the bus with the dog. It was a crowded double-decker at 6 pm on a Friday night and I was right at the front on the top floor cos it's a long ride and wanted to enjoy the view. Just as we were reaching Fulham the dog started getting restless so I put her on the floor where she proceeded to do a large squidy turd. Help, I thought. But it didn't end there........she did 3 more heaps of rottweiler proportions at which point I covered them sections of my unread newspaper, grabbed the dog and fled the scene of the crime. The smell on the bus was overpowering. I jumped off the bus just before Putney bridge and trudged the last couple of miles, but as the traffic was so slow the bus crawled along beside me for most of it with me thinking I was about to be questioned by the irate driver. Actually it was such a traumatic experience that I'd managed to blot it out until now! (The next day I took a taxi back to Camden - I couldn't risk a replay...)

No comments: